System Pics 2024

I also use glass shelves (tempered glass) from a local glazier for Fraim Lite. Underneath I use silicon nitride ball bearings and brass holders. @Xanthe suggested this approach here in the forum. Like other users, I have achieved very good results with it. If you are interested (Click here).

2 Likes

Loving the Isobariks
They look majestic

2 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, given your description, this was the pair that was written up on the web, for the restoration of a pair of Sara’s from passive to active status. Enjoy!

Great system Mark!

How good is the bluesound node as a source? I am considering it for a 2nd system with a SN3. Does it still give the naim sound w naim amplification? The alternative would be eg 222/250, but really will only want radio and tidal on the 2nd system…

Tx Lars

3 Likes

Yes some years ago this pair was the subject of write up on the old Linn Forum with detailed photographs of the restoration.

Don’t worry you will find something at an inordinate amount of money

best wishes

Ian

1 Like

It is of great importance what type of wine the cork was in. I like cork from Bourdoux wines better than, for example, Chianti. The sound becomes fuller and tighter if the wine came from a good vintage.

6 Likes

Bordeaux should sound dryer and Chianti should sound sweeter. Beware of the Primitivo, even Bob Dylan will have a rounded voice …

4 Likes

My solution:

IMG_0232

IMG_0235

IMG_0236

The table is Lack, Ikea, €29.95. I added a fifth central leg to support the thinner lower shelf buying these

stubbarp-gamba-marrone-nero__0788416_pe763607_s5.jpg

screwing them together then fixing them under the lower shelf.

55 Likes

As a stand alone I’d say the Bluesound is ok but when used with the Qutest it’s surprisingly good for the money. I’ve never used a Naim streamer so can’t comment on how the sound signature compares. I use it to discover new music only. The LP12 and Nat01 are my main sources. The Bluesound interface is excellent and very stable.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to try nSats on the Nait 5 Max. I’ve tried the Nait 5 with IBL’s but bass got thin as my haircut.

Very good VRDS 9

2 Likes

You’ve been holding out on us. That’s one of the most stunning rooms I’ve seen.

7 Likes

I had to google this… :slight_smile: Thanks.
I eliminated as many pieces of furniture belonging to my past life as I could, relied on Ikea (mostly) and privileged a mix of visual and aural pleasure.

M.

4 Likes

I will. I’m trying the IBLs for now because I cannot discard them tout court. Their limit is not in the bass to my ears, but the somehow piquant table, better for vinyl than digital (as Richard Dane has always stated), and the sound inside within the speakers - a point where Sats are the unbeatable opposite.

One the other hand, IBLs are something like an expanded LS3/5a, beautifully built and cleverly designed. using them is a little like having revenge on all the petulant minis that have disappointed us for decades…

:slight_smile: M.

6 Likes

Hi Bevo,

Thanks, made it myself with oak bannister staves from B+Q and bamboo chopping boards.

23 Likes

Please don’t be rude about LS3/5As - they’re a fantastic little loudspeaker!

But they do need to sit on a stand (which adds expense) and really shouldn’t just be dumped on a convenient shelf.

10 Likes

You’re a star Wren :+1:

Looks really cool - well done

Nice piano from what I can see of it

I am not! I love them even though I have only heard a few pairs and never in optimal conditions. I very much like the concept and their size and proportions. To me they are among the cutest along with IBLs and Sats.

2 Likes