System Pics 2024

The Kudos Super 20A’s are in the building.

They seem awfully polite, maybe too polite🤷🏻‍♂️

19 Likes

Did the others ask to have the soft toys removed?

G

2 Likes

The Kudos have gone on ‘dignity strike’ :wink:

1 Like

They stop the cats jumping up🤷🏻‍♂️

4 Likes

Cats not interested in the Linn then :grin:

Ah, wait. I see a teddy hiding…but no record on the deck!

That Teddy is very VERY special, but the Linn is safe enough under Perspex.
Strangely, never had a cat jump up on a TT, but one of them in particular likes to sit on top speakers.
She’s lucky she’s not a pair a gloves to be honest🙄

2 Likes

Now that you’ve said that, have to agree and share with you that was our conclusion, when we auditioned these a few months back.

Which is just fine. It’s still a get speaker.

I think when you go on a journey and listen to lots of speakers, you kinda discover what sound signature you like, as much about what you don’t like as you do like. We obviously discovered we liked things a bit more punchy, forward and dynamic. With a bit more “up em” in the bass department.

However, the attractive thing about the Super 20A’s is their apparent “accuracy”. They are entirely honest or “transparent”, which many others like.

Good luck
R

3 Likes

Is it me, do you have a different pair of speakers in the shack every week? :+1:

1 Like

Interesting since they are placed more or less in the corners.

1 Like

Having to audition new speakers Nick as my Grandson slipped his minders (His dad and grandma) on Sunday when they came for breakfast and promptly pushed in all the drivers on Mrs Q’s Keilidh’s.
Moved the Ninka’s back to her system and am auditioning new speakers for the Cabin system.

1 Like

Is this in terms of cosmetics or sound?

Sorry about this, here’s the thread about SL servicing if you haven’t seen it yet

1 Like

Still have Isobarik’s in our system :smiley:

4 Likes

Oops! Hopefully the new found need to choose the next set of boxes will be an enjoyable one!! Keep us all informed ad to how you get on young man😁

1 Like

Thanks Nick
As you’ve seen, I have both the Russell K Red 120’s (loaned for Demo by Signals of Felixstowe) and Kudos Super 20A’s (loaned for Demo by Criterion Audio of Oakington, Cambridge) here at the moment.
The Russell K’s were fabulous last night, but the Super 20A’s went in today and I was not so thrilled by them.
Still I have a week to play with them both, so we’ll see.

2 Likes

Good luck my friend, it’s a blooming nightmare i think, the comparison bit anyway, it’ll be interesting to know how you get on.

2 Likes

How close to the back wall have you positioned the s20a and red 120s

1 Like

Positioning is an ongoing activity. Aesthetically it would be 30-40cms, but we can go further. To maybe 60cms, but that would not be ideal.

A bit of both, but mostly sound if I am honest.

1 Like

I hesitate to say this, as I imagine that you have the speakers positioned in the room corners for a reason… but getting them closer together and moving them proud of the hifi racks by a few inches might do a world of good.

1 Like