System Pics 2024

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@Pete_the_painter @Mike_S I didn’t run the Neat stand mount XLS’s with the 500 system , I had the Floor standers ultimatum XL6’s which were the best speaker I’ve ever had. 500 system certainly did them justice.

I can’t quite remember how the XLS’s came into being ( I know I had them in a second system in my more spacious house in Birchgrove in those days) I actually think I had them on the end of an olive system CDS2/82/180 etc etc which eventually morphed into the 252/250DR I have today down south.

And yes chaps I still miss the CD555 so stop rubbing it in :rage::rage::rage:

3 Likes

Your setup at Harry’s had the stand mounted Neats, or maybe my memory is letting me down.

I think he had on sold the floor standers XL6’s at that point - certainly wasn’t my stand mounters XLS’s

I remembered they had up firing drivers, whatever they were it did sound fantastic. I was ever tempted but you wanted way too much. :grin:

1 Like

Ha ha

Yes both the XLS’s and XL6’s have up firing tweeters , magnificent design , along with the isobaric bass like your orkestra’s

For some reason these days I prefer stand mount speakers , not only from an physical point of view but from a simpler musical presentation point of view

Maybe it’s to do with a change in musical tastes also , not so much zeppelin these days ha

1 Like

Listening to music. Enjoying.

I need a new rack at some time.

35 Likes

So classy looking… :ok_hand:

1 Like

I guess this counts as a system pic? Recently purchased, gives me a late night listening option when it’s too wet and windy to go up to the cabin.

15 Likes

Nice selection of climbing books. The White Spider is a personal favourite…

2 Likes

And desk for the PC :rofl:

Nice room, looks good. What speakers are those?

Diy.

The screen/keyboard combo are just there when I need it. The PC is just a tiny one on the floor.

It certainly does

System from a happy Naim fan…

64 Likes

Cheers, Jurgen! How big is your room, K6 seem comfortable there - bass not boomy at all?
Are you driving them with new 250?

Dear Nataraja,
roomsize 4 meter wide, 10 meter long, sounds great!!!, not boomy at all. Distance between backwall and back of PROAC K6 speaker is 90 cm.
Amplifier is the NAP 300 DR in combination with NSC 222 / NPX300, speakercable Chord signature reference (first version).

rgds.

3 Likes

I’m sure that sounds amazing. And I know why the 300 and NPX are seated where there are :wink:. I’ve had to do the same with my power supplies. Those damn burndys!

1 Like

hi Jurgen, very nice and impressive system in a spacious room, enjoy! If I see correctly, you are using Furutech e TP609 NCF power distributor. Are you satisfied with it? It is not so common in the forum. But there is also a special thread about Furutech products in the forum (Click here).

1 Like

Neat Majistra’s in the room.

Great afternoon with Tony from Basically Sound and @SimonDC. Listened to Ministra’s and Majistra’s from Neat and SCM 20’s from ATC.
Majistra’s won hands down. The demo set here, are staying for a few days until the order is placed.

42 Likes

That’s interesting, I was considering listening to the 20’s to try stand mounts.
You say the meats bear the ATC’s hands down, any more I sight?

Gary

1 Like