:heart:

Dub Vendor is sadly mail order only these days🙁 still great though

:grinning:

4 Likes

The next Trojan Jamaica album forthcoming 28th August from Toots & The Maytals

1 Like

The new Buju Banton album Upside Down is out now, I’m looking forward to hearing this fully

Today July 1 is International Reggae Day
To coincide with what would have seen events taking place globally this new video of No Woman No Cry released today

1 Like

Remembering Dennis Brown who passed this day 1999

3 Likes

RIP The Crown Prince - Dennis Emmanuel Brown

2 Likes

From Tanya Stephen’s strong 2006 album Rebelution

R-3348495-1470839871-9518.jpeg R-3348495-1470839865-8318.jpeg

The CD/DVD can be bagged cheap as chips. Long time favourite here, Mrs Dread loves it, I recommend it

The Dennis Brown clip is taken from the essential documentary Heartland Reggae, about the iconic One Love Peace Concert, which I think is still available on DVD or up on YouTube.
Well worth getting a copy
unnamed

1 Like

Tired Fe Lick Weed In A Bush

:sunglasses:
1 Like

U Roy in fine style, love that suit!

1 Like

Just heard the Sad news that guitarist Lynford Hux Brown passed away.
A veteran of Jamaican music from early recordings at Studio One, in The Supersonics at Treasure Isle, with Lee Scratch Perry, Paul Simon and most recently as part of Toots Hibberts band.
A name you may not of heard of but even the most casual of Jamaican music fans will have heard his guitar on countless classic tunes.

RIP & Respect due

I’m really enjoying the much anticipated Buju Banton Upside Down.
This adaptation of the Old Wailers Classic, Duppy Conquerer with Stephen Marley, the lyrics Yes mi friend you set me free again are particularly heartfelt and poignant as it was Stephen Marley who gave his Miami house up as Bail security to help Buju fight the corrupt case that put him in Jail.

1 Like

1 Like

Monty Alexander interprets Thelonious Monk Inna Jamaica Stylee

23_MontyAlexander

Yeah. I wanted to introduce that to musicians who I consider open-minded, because when you say to the sophisticated, educated, academic people who are now teaching jazz in the school, and you say the word reggae, or you say the word Jamaica, they all have some kind of impression about it. “Oh yes, we go to Jamaica and wear a silly hat,” and maybe they go score some ganja, and they don’t know the depth of what led up to this thing called reggae, which is a spiritual thing at its greatest when Bob Marley was writing some of those songs. It’s a spiritual experience.

Contemporary Roots Reggae band The Uprising Roots Band well worth checking out. Their music is frustratingly hard to come by in physical formats but can be found on streaming platforms

disc-2848-the-uprising-roots-band-skyfiya

1 Like