Vtuner down

Can’t access Lyric or RTE 1 since Saturday 11 January? Any help much appreciated! Thank you.

I tried RTE 1 this morning for the News and the stream was intermittent.
I transferred to the station on Roon’s Internet Radio service, which was fine and this worked for the 1pm News at lunchtime.
So the underlying URLs and service is working ok, just vTuner’s service.

Thanks. I’ll keep trying!

They’re back :+1:

Vtuner works good. But my problem is that when I want to add stations using the Naim radio guide, mp3 streams work. Unfortunately, not a single channel works with flac stream urls. The devices should actually support this or is there a trick?

Hi @Dennikl , ND5XS deos not support web radio FLAC natively.
The forum thread Internet Radio FLAC has more info and work-around suggetsions

Jazz24 again down on Vtuner.
How listen on some different way on NDX ?

Jazz24 www post on 10-Jan says they have rebuilt the site from the ground up.
I suspect that might mean vTuner need to reset …

@Stevesky FYI

Whenever a station does make changes to their site Vtuner is very slow to update. The last time it took them at least 2 weeks to bring Jazz 24 back.

Mike-B
Thanks a lot, I thought that would work, I would be interested to see if the new ND5XS 2 can do that.

Given that @Stevesky seems to be able to get vTuner to resolve these issues, often reasonably promptly, I suspect it’s the stations failing to provide timely updates to vTuner that it the most common problem here.

Anyone can reset their passwords? Given what has happened I would like to but cannot.

He does?

I would have to agree. While Naim gets betters results with Vtuner than smaller manufacturers, I still think Vtuner offers poor service in updating their site with new or changed content. The unreliability issue is a whole other story.

1 Like

@Stevesky Any updates on how I can reset my password? I guess I’m not the only one getting this error?

He’s probably busy. I suggest emailing Naim support and ask them to do it for you. (I don’t think you can do it).

Hi @Blackbird

Contact our helpdesk, who will then work with vtuner to get it reset. Due to the nature of the subject it’s stuff we don’t want to share details of on a public forum.

Regards

Steve

1 Like

Hi @goranp

Jazz24 is back again. Vtuner are making me run around!

Regards

Steve

2 Likes

Anyone able to add radio stations manually in vTuner today so they show up in “added stations” in the naim app? Not working for me.

And by the way. I emailed Airable which is a competitor to vTuner for a feature request since I’m now mainly using their service with Lindemann Bridge II. I got a reply in four (yes 4!) minutes from their product management. I believe this days a lot of what kind of company and ambitions you have.

1 Like

Yes, it works with the ND5XS. It is also displayed under added stations. But the setup is very laborious.