What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested?

Level 42: World Machine: original vinyl: now that’s what I call bass: criterion: trousers flap to the slap :sunglasses::innocent:

2 Likes

Thanks. :+1:

Now playing…

Patricia Barber- Mythologies

Patricia Barber (piano, vocals), Neal Alger (guitar), Michael Arnopol (bass), Eric Montzka (drums), Jim Gailloreto (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone), Gordon H. Jee (tenor saxophone), Paul Falk (vocals), , Grazyna Auguscik (vocals), Lawrice Flowers (vocals), Minister Walter Owens (vocals), Airreal Walkins (vocals), Shelby Webb Jr. (vocals) Brian Johnson (vocal arrangements) and Keith Karwelles (Vocal Arrangement).

Streaming on NAS… continuing on with Patricia, what a pleasant Sunday afternoon, and another sweet album!

7 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Wake up - slowly please …

As mention in another thread (Fantastic Intros), this hits the spot as I make tea, having walked the dog and let the hens out.

19 Likes

13 Likes

Enjoy your visit sjb - we were there in October. It was Ann’s first time, but I had not been back for some time since living there. If you don’t know it avoid the crowds by walking through the parks (although the metro and tram are excellent), stay in Mala Strana, try the craft beer as well as the traditional and beg steel or borrow tickets to see Don Giovanni at the Estates Theatre. The art galleries are excellent and there are some top notch restaurants and bars.
The jazz bar at the Artists’ club at Manes is good (on an island but behind the gallery, overlooking the river). But there are many to choose from, including a cellar brandy bar just down from the Irish Embassy.

1 Like

Mine’s not trained that way - she’s still in bed

1 Like

Not heard these guys for years but I recall the first time I saw them at the Paradise Club in Kensal Green the week before I left to work in Bratislava. Atmospheric…

1 Like

More of the same but with the Kronos Quartet - strange combination!

2 Likes

Monday evening, fist CD today. Beth Orton Trailer Park.

10 Likes

Mine was at the vets getting his shots, makes himself at home (everywhere) :grin:

8 Likes

Bill Callahan- Dream River.

4 Likes

Emmylou Harris/Rodney Crowell- Old Yellow Moon :first_quarter_moon:

7 Likes

@Pete_the_painter and @anon56864344 mine expecting a walk in the truck

8 Likes

Where is the 24 bit remaster available please - I cannot find it ?

I like Paul Jones a lot, going to see the Manfreds in a few weeks time

2 Likes
2 Likes

After a gentle reminder of Paul Jones through @Eoink’s Manfred post, now spinning

The Blues Band - Ready, they were always brilliant live, a great night out.

6 Likes