What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Very good, fantastically detailed – though I still prefer the mono version I think Pete.

1 Like

Power Corruption & Lies. Factory Records FACD 75 (1985) - the first digital issue of New Order’s 1983 second LP. Stuffed full of synthy bangers.

13 Likes

The Beatles Abbey Road hi res, think this has been the best remix so far and hopefully an indication of what to expect if and when they re-release Let it Be.

21 Likes

Lloyd Cole (and) The Negatives, another wonderful album from a very underrated singer/songwriter promoted by @LSLFAN earlier post.

9 Likes

Not bad. Not bad at all :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes
5 Likes

I remember as a student going to see her at Birmingham Odeon in 1985 when she was touring her debut album. I can’t believe that was 35 years ago

1 Like

13 Likes

Well if you’re still around that way, she’s playing The Town Hall in February, Covid permitting. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you so much for reminding me about an album- and specifically Uncertain Smile- that I loved and lost memory of!
Just listening to Jools doing his stuff now- very happy memories of 1983 as a 2nd year medical student… Chz.

1 Like

All the neighbours are away so time to blast the music out! UK vinyl reissue (1978) on Polydor. Love Bill MacCormick’s really fat bass on this one.

7 Likes

1st run

5 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be - Naked

Playing this because I’ve had One After 909 going through my head since about 4:30 this morning.

Whilst this is cleaner than the original with the Phil Spector wall of sound mess, I do rather miss the feel of the original. And the sequence. Might have to play that next.

16 Likes

Mink deville. Cabretta. Takes me back.

5 Likes

I had a few of his albums many years ago, I’ve even forgotten what they sound like. Might go and investigate.

Fabulous – and fabulous-sounding – new CD from Christian McBride. Nothing revolutionary here, but it’s so skilfully and joyfully executed you just can’t help falling in love with it.

9 Likes

1st run

2 Likes

Anna-Calvi – Live At Meltdown

Now there’s a voice…

Live at Meltdown is a document of Anna Calvi’s live set from David Byrne’s curated Meltdown Festival in 2015. It sees her accompanied by a 12 piece choir, performing a choice selection of tracks from her back catalogue.

5 Likes

First listen to this recently-purchased boot CD.

11 Likes

The Stones’s Goats Head Soup Deluxe vinyl version. Loving this! The murky and muddy mix has been relegated to the past and this to my ears is the superior mix. Brussels Affair great too. Was never my favorite Stones album but with this release I’m warming to it more and more.

16 Likes