What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I read somewhere that GZ prints www. GZ… on the vinyl runout and mine it’s just the matrix numbers. There are another 3 or 4 minor plants in CR but I do think it’s GZ’s. Apparently there has been some issues with other pressings and maybe I’ve just been very fortunate with mine.

1 Like

16 Likes

Just wondered whether someone could give me an idiots guide to including pictures of album covers etc with my posts.
Thanks.

Check the FAQs. I think it’s in there, but it’s really quite intuitive. Just click on the icon which looks like a mountain with the sun above it.

On CD:-

Richard & Linda Thompson - Hard Luck Stories 1972 - 1982

Disc 6 - First Light

8 Likes

As Clive said and also this may help:

Richard &Linda Thompson. Hard luck stories. Disc four of 8. This highlights the album “Pour down like silver “ which is new to me and as such has been the most enjoyable so far. Also some good bonus tracks including a live 13min version of Calvary cross.

9 Likes

Kate Bush - Never for Ever

She deserves a bit of attention and a tweak on the volume.

Phil

14 Likes

Another case where this single track is more expensive at £8.99 compared with £7.99 for the whole forthcoming new album on Qobuz.

Looking forward to the new album. Lucky to have seen her live in Oslo - the venue in London not the city.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse. Live Rust. 1979. " The Godfather of Grunge"

14 Likes

21 Likes

Now playing…

Bill Frisell - Good Dog, Happy Man

Bill Frisell (electric and acoustic guitars, loops and music boxes), Greg Leisz (pedal steel, Dobro, lap steel, Weissenborn, National steel guitar and mandolin), Wayne Horvitz (organ, piano, samples) Viktor Krauss (bass), Jim Keltner (drums and percussion), and Ry Cooder (electric guitar, Ripley guitar on “Senandoah”).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Friday morning with Bill’s ‘Good Dog Happy Man’ album and it is just one very fine album! The music and the band is sublime and well worth your time to give a listen…

8 Likes

Native Harrow - Closeness.

Wonderful stuff on their new release - Bandcamp is a HI Res download.

1 Like

Thanks everyone.

Sault - Untitled (Rise)

sault

The anonymous R&B/jazz/whatever collective return with their second superb album this year. I see it’s also The Grauniad’s Album of the Week, FWIW. Anyway, luvverly stuff.

12 Likes

Interesting, I didn’t spot any warping, and I looked closely at the discs. There was some minor scuffing, but no worse than I’ve seen in many cardboard sleeved discs. But warping would explain the end of discs issues, and the failure to rip after many attempts. I’d love to see a player that reports errors such the early Cambridge Audio used on a disc that play, see if it’s interpolation or a clean read.

3 Likes

Ray Charles - Genius + Soul = Jazz.

The genre blending work of Ray Charles still stands the test of time and brings joy to the heart. So good I’m on my second spin of this new arrival to my collection.

11 Likes

1 Like

Prefer the original

2 Likes