What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

I used to use one when I had a Valhalla power supply. It was a real faff. Like many others, I cut about 1/4” from the O ring so that it didn’t require too much load on the motor bearings to push it on. Eventually I swapped for a Lingo power supply, which gave a 45rpm option. Now I use a Radikal, which also offers a 45rpm option, but I still don’t use it for anything other than 12” 45rpm albums. Cueing a 7” or 10” record with an Aro is too much of a risk with a Kandid on the end.

King L - Great Day for Gravity

That’s King L as in flipping 'eck ; )

This, if you can find it, is one for any fans of the wonderful Danny Wilson, fae Dundee in the late Eighties. They made the essential Meet Danny Wilson and the less-loved Bebop Moptop (they were also spectacular live). King L was put together by DW’s presiding wizard, Gary Clark, and made only the one album. A few delightful songs, as you’d expect from the man who wrote Mary’s Prayer, A Girl I Used to Know, Steamtrains to the Milky Way, Second Summer of Love, and other minor classics in a Steely Dan vein.

2 Likes

That may be so, if you include non-official releases.

All of these are official on proper recording company labels.

Stone The Crows & Maggie Bell // Best Of

11 Likes

Inspired by this post from @TheKevster in the YouTube thread

Replicas, Tubeway Army.

Such a strong album! Sounds great on a breezy late summer evening, with the doors open. Hope the neighbours approve :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Not the vinyl. But I think the MoFi SACD is much better than the CBS cd. It sounds more analogue. The vinyl from MoFi is even better than the SACD.

10 Likes

2 Likes

George Benson | White Rabbit | 1972
I wasn’t planning on playing anything this evening but then the title track of this came into my head. It’s still cool at fifty.

8 Likes

Bank holiday Bobbie:

10 Likes

Yes!

7 Likes

A1wxtN0EaNS.AC_SL1500
George Harrison - Gone Troppo.

7 Likes

We were just away with two of my son’s friends and at 16 their playlists are so broad they were speaking openly of “CCR”, and also asking whether I had heard of King Crimson. :astonished:. Daughter equally shocked I like Dua Lipa! Keeps bringing it up…

1 Like

My own contribution is I’ve gone from this:

To this:

I’m enjoying a mellow evening.

9 Likes

Michael Hedges - Live on the Double Planet.

Very lucky to have seen Michael Hedges live in London at the end of 1987.

His playing is pretty much as seen on the album cover.

10 Likes

Now Playing…

Rumer - Live from Lafayette

Rumer (Vocals), Darren Hodson (Guitar, Vocals), Diego Rodriguez (Bass, Vocals), Rob Shirakbari (Acoustic Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Vocals), Alex Torjussen (Drums) and Barry Wickens (Dobro, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin, Violin, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… returning home after running some errands and continuing on this Monday afternoon with Rumer and she and the band are sounding sublime!

11 Likes

Those where strange days…

It’'ll end in tears

7 Likes

I’m continuing my mellow evening by following your recommendation of Rumer (also hi-res on Qubuz) and gosh this is a great album. Thanks :+1:

1 Like