What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Wha’ppen is even better imo, I have a special rather cathartic attachment to that album

2 Likes

Never been an uber fan of Beverley Knight’s recordings but her live gigs are fantastic, great voice, amazing energy and she puts 1000% into her performance. Last night at Brighton Dome was no exception, fantastic, soulfull, heartfelt and electrifying.
Respect due!

:heart:

5 Likes

Portico - Remix

This CD is the audio equivalent of Col Sherman Potter asking BJ and Hawkeye if they ‘could use a belt?’

Neil and Chris’ musical theatre-mini operatic wonder.

4 Likes

Deep Soul Treasures. Deserves more than a like I think.
:heart::+1:

4 Likes

@adeypoos

Bring it on!

:heart:

11 Likes

And people like Dave Godin et el :+1:

3 Likes

Magazine. The correct use of soap.
Good job I don’t post every album I play because I’ve played this three times in the last 2 days. Cd rip

Thank you (Falettinme be mice elf again)

13 Likes

Reminds me of when I used to drive my taxi, I would often get punters who I needed to explain that too :grin:

4 Likes

From the Blossom Dearie Complete Fontana 4CD set.

8 Likes

Max Richter - The Blue Notebooks

This is such beautiful contemplative music. It draws you in.

20 Likes

Status Quo - Aqoustic Stripped Bare

9 Likes

Mavericks. Trampoline.
Because I was requested to. Not played in over 10 years.
Cd rip.

Edit: This is actually very toe tappingly good. Wonder what else I’ve got lurking unplayed in the racks.

9 Likes

Why? I’m in a contemplative mood. Somehow I seem to know all the words too.

steve

4 Likes

6CDs of Alan Skidmore personal recordings, focusing on his primary Coltrane influences.

6 Likes

Death In Vegas - Milk It - 2005
CD rip

A trawl through my early 2000’s CD’s this week is lobbing up some interesting ones. Iggy Pop on the first track is great.

2 Likes

GEORGE HARRISON

Early Takes Vol. 1

Edward

14 Likes

Now that’s just showing off!

1 Like

Well if you’ve got it…:joy:

Paul Young - The Secret Of Association

Digging out records from my old original collection, giving them a clean and a play, in some cases for the first time in well over 20 years. I’m also rather impressed how well I looked after my records way back when, although a few covers have seen better days :grinning:

17 Likes