What are you listening to in 2023 and why might anyone be interested?

Malagasy-Gilson - 1972

French clarinetist Jean-François Quiévreux aka Jef Gilson with the Madagascan ensemble. No expert, but another tip-off from a Four Tet comp. Man, that lad must have a record collection!

2 Likes

Dark Black is a wonderful track (and album) I’ve got the follow up album Split Milk which isn’t as good. Unfortunately she seemed to disappeared.

41Ats41wiUL.AC
Santana - Zebop!

8 Likes

Pete – Dark Black was heavily promoted over here (some banners compared her voice to Karen Carpenter) and I wonder if sales were disappointing, such that the recordco. called time? There is ‘recent’ 3rd album, only available via streaming AIU?

A shame – I have Split Milk too.

1 Like

Likewise, but from my limited scan reading of a few sources they were allegations against others involved in the heirachy of the commune and OSHO himself apparently ordered criminal investigations into those individuals for that and other stuff including conspiring to poison the Oregon water supply.
I haven’t yet seen anything detailing why he was the subject of the mugshot and for what offence. Further study will be needed.
The fact that the book was available to “Robert” from the prison library would suggest that the book itself couldnt have been too controversial.
Mmmmm, interesting

1 Like

The Truth... When Its Not Nice is the thread I remembered about the topic, if we get booted from this one.

FWIW, and it might not be much! Madonna and Cruise listed as interested in the philosophy.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Some Jeff Healy no longer with us

6 Likes

Fleetwood Mac, tango in the night. :relaxed:

21 Likes

Electric Soft Parade, American Adventure

3 Likes

Hi @Neil-26, sorry no it isn’t, its the original 2010 black vinyl release :blush:

1 Like

Played this earlier…

2012 reissued vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:

13 Likes

Quincy Jones - Walking in Space - 1969

Thanks for the reminder yesterday chaps! I love the Eric Gale guitar on this album.

8 Likes

I guess a certain philosophy on the one hand in itself is OK if one wants to believe in it and finds benefits and value from it. On the other the problem I guess is when fanatics, extremists or fundamentalists pervert it for their own ends. Like the teachings of the Koran and the terrorism of Islamic Fundamentalists, Al Qaeda etc for example or Christian Fundamentalists, Political ideology’s etc etc

Isnt Tom Cruise btw a follower of Scientology, another kind of cult subject to various controversies, brainwashing and dodgy goings on. People will believe what they want to believe and celebrities like Cruise, Travolta etc paint the respectable facade…

2 Likes

Steely Dan, two against nature. :relaxed:

14 Likes

On repeat following power outrage from high winds!

8 Likes

Stevie Wonder Songs in The Key of Life / 2000 Motown / EU CD x 2 / 1573572

32 Likes

@seakayaker @davidng @brilliant @geoffc, many thanks for bringing Andrea Motis to our attention.

We are learning about her and planning to see her in Blue Note Milano in March.

Many thanks again.

4 Likes

41M+tVhAVSL.UX358_FMwebp_QL85
A whole bunch of trax of her up and coming album due out late Feb.

4 Likes

Now Playing…

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels - I Long To See You

Charles Lloyd (tenor saxophone, alto flute); Bill Frisell (guitar), Greg Leisz (steel guitar), Reuben Rogers (bass), Eric Harland (drums), Willie Nelson (voice) and Norah Jones (voice).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning from a 4.3 mile walk around the neighborhood and kicking off the afternoon with Charles Lloyd and the Marvels and they are sounding sublime! One fantastic album and hope that Charles & The Marvels release a fourth album

9 Likes