What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Excellent pint of Hook Norton Double Stout from cask at the Mermaid in St Albans.

12 Likes

Very posh. I usually just drink it from the bottle. 5x is such a special blend.

7 Likes

I’m with you,regards bottle,Mrs Lorro had already poured this for me as a reward for my efforts in the garden :smile:

1 Like

7 Likes

One of my favourites.

10 Likes

Finally able to enjoy a quiet beer night at home after being occupied by Axpona last weekend.

Grimbergen Blond

8 Likes

A tangent but it’s the final paragraph that caught my eye. I can well imagine how the contents were ‘disposed of…with respect to environmental concerns’ :beers::wink:

2 Likes

Gee they’re touchy aren’t they. Bth calling any Millers beer a champagne is a long shot. I’ve never drunk High Life but their ordinary beer is pretty bad.

Champagne is a Protected Designation of Origin so can only be used in relation to wine grown in the region. I think that Miller High Life is not sold or promoted either in the EU or UK. I have drunk Miller Lite many years ago, but like you I wasn’t impressed.

300x300

To company an excellent curry, earlier today…!!

3 Likes

I have to admit to getting to quite like the Guinness Nitrosurge.

It’s a big advance on the cans with the widget. Black box upgrade!

.sjb

11 Likes

Bitter Suite Lichfield:

Harvest Pale always very quaffable.

7 Likes

McAuslan Cream Ale. Perfect on a summer day and with accompanying healthy snack.

10 Likes

This is the fairly large list available from Dieu du Ciel in Montreal. They have been expanding over the years and very popular. Sorry for the poor photo. Reason being the 6.1% maybe.

8 Likes

Back to an old favourite

.sjb

12 Likes

8 Likes

Pint of Pheasantry Best Bitter at the Mermaid beer festival in St Albans.

1 Like

Great selection at the Bandstand for this afternoons nail biting clash between Liverpool and Spurs. Loving the Sneaky Wee Orkney Stout, full of flavour, but with a very reasonable 4.2 ABV.

Cheers,

Ian

10 Likes

Hacker Pschorr tall boy in the wrong glass. Still tasty :beer:

7 Likes

A nice milk stout from Co. Wicklow. The Nightcrawler.

.sjb

11 Likes