What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Slow ripper is certainly true. When I had a D100, the record was over 40 minutes to rip one CD. I used it in conjunction with a Roon Nucleus, fitted with a SSD. One problem of doing it this way, is that Roon does not report any errors that occur while performing the ripping process via the D100. This is where the Core, scores a plus.

1 Like

Thats ok then - itā€™s nice to have a little banter - trouble is these days thereā€™s always someone who likes to be too PC - if you know what I mean?
Lifeā€™s too short thatā€™s why I keep spending money on this hobby - trouble is like you Iā€™ve now got to rip nearly 3000 CDā€™s to my new UnitiCore - they sound so much better than the ones on my hard drive plus I found once youā€™d put them on, if any metadata was missing or album artwork you couldnā€™t edit it!

1 Like

I donā€™t take comments too personally and as for Nigel he kindly got me my tour of HQ which seems like centuries agošŸ‘

2 Likes

Oooh lucky you - did you get any free samples while you were there? :wink:

We got a mug I think, bag etcā€¦ā€¦.but the chat with the then MD and Steve Sells was great, we also got to have the workings of the then new streamers nd555 etc explained, a demo etcā€¦ā€¦.all before launch. Even the dealers had not heard them, grand day out indeed.

1 Like

Sounds brilliant - Iā€™m fairly new to Naim - but been an ā€œAudiophileā€ - hate the term - since mid 80ā€™s. Wish Iā€™d seen the ā€œlightā€ sooner - wouldā€™ve been further along the path so to speak - spent goodness knows how much in the intervening years on gear - but hey ho - Iā€™ve enjoyed it! :smiley:

1 Like

Your dealer can organise a tour when all the covid safety measures have died down, worth enquiring and getting your name on any list. Though I think it will be some way off as Naim seem to be swamped with orders and short on parts.

The factory tours are good fun and fascinating if youā€™ve not been before. I helped organise a ā€˜specialā€™ Forum one and invited people, so we got more of an in depth view of things than the standard dealer organised tours. As Gary says it seems like forever ago. Please rest assured that I only felt happy abusing the decor because Iā€™d met its owner!

1 Like

Happy days and smiles all round - love this forum - get to ā€œtalkā€ to like minded souls

Anyway I canā€™t really say owt as Iā€™ve not done any decorating for a good number of years

1 Like

That sounds like a plan - only prob is ā€œmyā€ dealer is actually 110 miles away - long story - but I will ask.

1 Like

Well ā€œremarkableā€ can have many meanings

1 Like

Exactly. I plucked that quote for its inherent irony.

G

2 Likes

Just took delivery of a brand new SNAXO 362 to replace an Olive SNAXO36. Time to drop in to the system and see what the difference is like between old versus new amplifier arrangement with the new crossover.

3 Likes

Gazza is that just a transport? Where/how do you store your rips. Iā€™m quite interested in Melco servers/players and would more than likely choose one of them over the Core to replace my ageing and sometimes scary Unitiserver.

I already have a melco N10 which are two shoe boxes the same size as the cd ripper you can see. One box holds a psu, the other the hard drive etc. The cd transport can either rip to the hard drive or do cd playback.

1 Like

Will you be getting a second PS for it?

I already have a Plixir psu on my etherregen switchā€¦ā€¦.when i did my home demo i used that to power the Melco ripper. Interesting Auralic mention the Melco, Asus and a Pioneer rippper and stress a low noise psu makes more difference than the transport?

1 Like

A 3 box option, Iā€™m sure Iā€™d have to hide at least 2 them from Mrs Pete. :grin:

Cheers I might investigate.

4 Likes

They do the N100 which is one box and a few others as well, the N100 is the N10 basically with a wallwart psu.

1 Like

I have spent a bit of time on their site but I find it a bit confusing on which option would suit me best. But your post got my attention, especially the comparison to the Core.