What was the last bit of gear you bought?

That made me laugh, photo to follow :joy:

1 Like

(I have friends :wink: )

Will create a separate thread with more pictures and first impressions in a bit. Just received it, from a Kickstarter pledge

13 Likes

New toaster?

1 Like

Vinyl toast mmmh
:bread:

1 Like

Well, after about two weeks of running in (is that long enough for an source interconnect?) the conclusion is that the AR lunar interconnect isn’t for me. There is a slightly wider sound stage and slightly more clarity in base and lower mid tones. However, there is a tangible retreat of the high mid tones and treble. Just played Peter Gabriel’s in your eyes, and with the standard Naim interconnect his voice just leapt out at me. So, yup, this experiment will not be going any further.

@budmoto @frenchrooster:

Hope this thing lives up to the hype.

3 Likes

It’s swallowed the guineapig?

13 Likes

My first ever Nak.

25 Likes

Beautiful design - I have a Nak Cassette Deck 2 in the loft which will come down in the next year - although I will need an analogue pre or an AD converter for my main system - or run it into my Atom in my second (office) system.

2 Likes

I’ve been digging out some old pre recorded tapes and they sounds great.

1 Like

I’ve half paid for a Mu-so QB2 today, it’s due to arrive at the shop on Friday I was told, we’ll see.

1 Like

The result is really impressive :grinning:

6 Likes

Three powerlines turning up tomorrow to replace the lights…
Very interested to hear the difference…

1 Like

For anyone that follows The Cheap Audio Man, you may have heard of this company.

3 Likes

After quite some time I finally found a promising Pot’s 8 52 & Supercap and snapped them up. This is much harder to do in the US. They should be here Friday and eventually replace my 82/ HiCapDr. They were last recapped in 2012 and while it’s claimed all is well, I’m going to send the SC off for a recap for good measure. It will go well with my 250 that was done this summer. I also have a Morgana DIN/XLR coming from the recent sale, although I expect this will take a while to get here. It should be a fun weekend!

5 Likes

Can you explain more? What is it?

It’'s a Dr Feickert Protrator. I have one - a very useful bit of kit if you have lots of different decks and arms that need to be accurately set up.

2 Likes

Some time ago I felt I had reached a sensible stopping point with my system.

I’d got to CDS2/52/135/SBL which at one point was the pinnacle off Naim systems.

Then a few months ago our TV started playing up. The replacement only has digital outputs so I realised I needed a DAC.

After some research I’ve ended up with a second hand NDX and have opened the door to the world of streaming

Of course now I’m thinking that an XPS would go very well with the NDX

24 Likes

The NDX was my introduction to proper streaming after using other makes with my then Olive system, it is a wonderful introduction to streaming and yes the XPRdr does make a worthwhile improvement.