What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Dynavector P75 Mk4

Had this on loan for a week from my dealer, it did not make it back to shop.
A significant upgrade from the stage line I was using before.

4 Likes

Stunning look too!

Graham, very interested in your findings with this, I have a Dyna DV20 in an Ittok LP12 into my Nac 82 S phono boards and am tempted by the P75 Mk4, was it a significant upgrade over the Stageline?

Chris

So I finally got my HiCap DR, it was out of stock here in the US… I had the time Friday to install it and big difference in sound. Pictures show the SN2 and Hicap… other side of cabinet is source and PLC… I get no hum no noise; volume at 12 o’clock, ear right at the speaker, dead quiet no hiss hum nada! Sound is really improved!

5 Likes

Just nabbed a nice mint Headline 2, partly because I wanted to try a fully working one (the last I bought was faulty, and refunded), and partly for insurance if I ever leave SN3 for separates.

3 Likes

WitchHat Morgana DIN-XLR mono pair of interconnects

3 Likes

Great phono amp. Using my in phono enhancer mode with all my MC carts. Currently a stock DL103

Hi Chris
I felt this really was a huge upgrade over the Stageline, I did not even get back to my chair to sit down and listen and the love of my life said no way is that going back… who am I to argue with the boss :grinning:
My 20x is the high output and dealer assures me there is more to come when it needs replacing and go to low output, he has tried it with a variety of cartridge makes and reports it works well with all.

I also purchased the Naim lavender phono/din interconnect as the stageline was connected directly to Supernait2 with snaic. I had a pair of linn blacks phono cables lying around and tried those with the DV but the Naim cable was much clearer to my ears.

I’m hearing things on albums I had not heard before, everything is so much clearer. If you can get one on demo I’m sure it won’t be going back.

Graham

Hi Graham

Thanks for that!
I suspected as much and your Stageline is more than likely better than my inbuilt 82 phono boards. I have the low output DV20, I’ll definitely audition the P75 at some time.
Thanks again
Chris

Gone back to the 5.1 Surround “Home Theatre” system in the lounge and grabbed a Meridian 568.2mm which will replace a 562V/518/565Z2 stack. Now looking for a 621 HDMI switching unit as a “front end”.

1 Like

My new (second hand) Allnic H7000 Phono stage with separate Power Supply behind.

Bought about six months ago but only just got around to posting a pic. Unfortunately it was switched off when I took the photo otherwise the VU meter’s and tubes would have been glowing a lovely warm yellowy orange.

4 Likes

these boxes have arrived with my dealer, will be fitted when we come out of lock down
Linn Radikal, Karsouel, DVXX2 and SH Urika which should fit the bill very nicely thank you!

5 Likes

Crikey, how on earth do you get those buds into your ears???

My new (old) Nac 52 and Supercap.

33 Likes

My new (old) Klimax LP12 with machined Radikal.

13 Likes

My new (old) Tangerine Stiletto Aluminium plinth with Skorpion base and Eklipse isolation sub platform.

11 Likes

Oh, c’mon! How difficult can it be? I bet you’re itching to have a go. What could go wrong?:sunglasses:

1 Like

:rofl:

Wonderful Phono stage Yorkshireman :grinning:

1 Like

And the 621 has been ordered, and (given the current situation) will arrive in due course.