What was the last CD you bought

I DES - King Creosote. An emotional belter from King Kenny.

1 Like

Lorne Balfe - Mission: Impossible. Dead reckoning - Part one

Mission: Impossible. Fallout was a great soundtrack IMO, I hope this last one lives up to the expectations.

2 Likes

Latest additions:

8 Likes

Just as I was about to give up on finding any decent CDs in charity shops, I found this interesting selection on Saturday.
Not albums I would have looked for, or necessarily knew existed, so aside from cheap music, this is another benefit of looking through the shelves.

9 Likes

This is the expanded/complete version of their second-best live album ( IMnsHO :laughing: )

1 Like

Pleased to find this s/h. Always keep an eye open for anything Wyatt. Didn’t even know this one existed. Good price and very good condition - inserts damaged by the retaining pips really annoy me. Thankfully this is as new.

3 Likes

That takes my collection to 20 albums. More than any other artist. Chet rules!

5 Likes

These three arrived today.
Pat Metheny Group - Travels
Spirit - The Family That Plays Together
Yellowman - Operation Radication

9 Likes

The brilliant Operation Eradication by Yellowman & Fathead. Its about the notorious Jamaican Eradication Squads, armed Paramilitary like squads set up to ostensibly eradicate Ganja growing, Yardy and organised crime but in reality just terrorised poor communities and killed people with impunity.

This is my copy of the original Ja 7"

What are the details of the CD you have there?
:heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for the background story Dread.

CD details are:
Label - Reactive Masters
Cat No - REMCD520
©️1998 P1998.
“Previously issued in different packaging”.

Not familiar with that, hope it sounds good
Enjoy

Not my usual fare, but it is listed as part of a collection I am getting together. The list has introduced me to some amazing works, and some utter rubbish, but I decided to get the list together. I’ll let you know what I think of it when I get around to playing it. It’s in a big pile of unplayed stuff.

1 Like

What is the collection/list you refer too?

I said I hope it sounds good as there are a lot of dodgy labels in the world of Ja music that bootleg material from unofficial sources.

Looks like your CD is a re issue of this 10" LP, also issued under the title One In A Million,

R-551843-1280311379

I see from Discogs that Reactive are claiming copyright, which doesnt seem right.
Anyway be interested in your thoughts

Cannonball Adderley Quintet In Chicago / Verve Master Edition

10 Likes

Picked up a few in passing earlier. For about the same price as one of them new!

8 Likes

I do have a slight bias when it comes to this CD, the pianist is the son of my best friend.
That said, it’s still a very well recorded first album, as you would expect from Naxos Records.

7 Likes

Me too! My OCD forces me to turn the booklet round so that the pips align with the staples (assuming there are staples, of course).

1 Like

Full scale War!

6 Likes

Sadly, Lars Vogt is no longer with us to perform - a throat cancer victim, if my memory is correct.

I know. that’s why the recital I have attended is more dear. His down to earth warm personality shone through. One recital it was one of the most miserable night in Chicago with a ton of rain and floods everywhere and half of the hall was empty. He was so gratfull for those who showed up!