What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Is that Curtis Counce record good?

I ask, because I’ve seen it on this site a few times, so it must have a few admirers - unless you have posted multiple times, Bob.

(Also, I have a couple of those Craft LP issues from the 1960s, and they sound good.)

I’ve not heard this particular reissue yet so cannot comment on it but have streamed the record many times and it is excellent again brilliant production by Roy DuNann and exceptional playing by the band especially Harold Land, Carl Perkins and of course Curtis Counce.

1 Like

Yes @anon70766008, I have it and it is very good!! :+1: :grin:

1 Like

Arrived yesterday, now cleaned and ready to play… :+1:t3: :grinning:

10 Likes

a quick report would be nice then :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

Nina Simone’s Wild is the Wind from the Acoustic Sounds Verve series. Lovely, just lovely…

7 Likes

Arrived this week. Amy Winehouse Frank Half Speed. Going to my groove man later this arvo for a good bubble bath in an Audio Desk Pro.

7 Likes

One of the better Abbey Rd remasters and a brilliant debut.

2 Likes

Beatles - Red and Blue Album 6LP set
Pressing by Optimal

Fabs in da house and the set is better than expected. Clean and quiet pressing, well done. The SQ is really good. The additional 3rd sides are fantastic. Of course it is not an audiophile edition but is real good for people who don’t have these 2 albums. So I am content and just enjoy these wonderful 75 songs. I paid 145 Euros and in these times it is ok for such a set

9 Likes

But they’ve been put through a process and sound different to the original albums? I was chatting with @Charles64 about this yesterday. And £70 each, surely original copies that sound as intended can be picked up inexpensively, unless of course you really need the extra tracks.
Pleased to hear the pressing is good, which brings us back to the conversation we had about not always blaming the pressing plant, this imo being an example of case in point.
Anyway enjoy
:heart:

1 Like

a good first pressing is at minimum 50 EUR plus shipping over here so it is not far away and as I said I didn’t have them, so I am absolutely happy with it. I also like the additional LPs. The ones who own it don’t have to buy it, of course.

If they let AP doing these records they would be surely better but on the other side they would cost a fortune :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, we sell countless copies of the original Red & Blue, as we most now name them, for £10. Even near mint ones are only £15 max.

1 Like

It wasnt my intention to criticise you ,of course be happy with it, I’m pleased you are.

I’m aware we are different nationalities and I think the point/opinion I was expressing has perhaps been lost in translation.

No worries, enjoy

1 Like

@Dreadatthecontrols I absolutely understand your arguments and I am ok with them. This set is absolutely not a must have record. I have been watching out for two used ones in the last years and never found some that were real good so I just took the opportunity, that’s it

Totally ok that we have a different opinion in this one

Peace :v:

3 Likes

I dont think we have a difference of opinion I think you misunderstood, I was opining on your comment “real good for people who don’t have these 2 albums.” I took that to mean people who havent heard the original albums therefore wont neccessrily be hearing the records as originally intented, the re issues having gone through a lot of processing and remixing. My point being the suggestion that for newcomers maybe the starting point should be the original recordings/mixes?

1 Like

ah, ok, understand your point. Is there such a big difference between these two masterings? Maybe you can only compare it when you own both Vinyl records. After a first listen I am totally fine with the set, will wash them later.

1 Like

@Charles64 has some better insight into the comparison right now

Cheap record fair buy, lovely condition, brilliant music. The search for volume 2 is now afoot.

4 Likes

Amazing sounding album, perfect pressing and sound. The calm before the storm while I wait for my Miles Electric years box set.

6 Likes