What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thx for the hint. Reminder is on

Just arrived :grinning:

18 Likes

As Kev, arrived safely today LP & CD.
3 down, 3 to go!

6 Likes

I wonder what the next one’s gonna be? I’ve been constantly checking the Bowie.com and Dig! sites constantly these past few days…

1 Like

I love Elizabeth’s reactions and analysis of a wide range of music, for a professional opera singer / vocal coach she seems to enjoy and appreciate such a wide variety of styles from The Hu and Heilung via Post Modern Jukebox via Devin Townsend via Phil Collins. and many more.

Her attention to how the singer is using their ‘instrument’ to produce what they are singing is a fascinating addition to my listening to the original song.

This evening 15 Jan she did Heilung Noropu AND an interview with Maria.

1 Like

My copy of this landed yesterday. Wow. I’m really enjoying the Jazz - Indian classical fusion.

Despite my enjoyment of the strength and depth of the current London / Tomorrows Warriors generated jazz scene, Sarathy Korwar has to be my favorite british producer of the last 2 years with this, ‘More Arriving’ and ‘My East is your West’ albums

7 Likes

Thanks for the Elephant link @Holmes. Great stuff. I’ll have to get this.
I do have his My East Is Your West CD incoming - I’m a sucker for anything that has versions of Creator Has A Master Plan, Satchinananda and Malkauns on it.

1 Like

I’ve just bought two LPs by Bedouine. Hasn’t come across her before I listened to a cover of Thirteen by her, Waxahatchee and Hurray for the Riff Raff:

These are her two albums, both available on Bandcamp. The orchestral arrangements remind me of Nick Drake’s Northern Sky. It’s a gentle listen.

Eponymous album from 2017:

Sophomore from 2019:

Mine arrived a few days ago and I have really enjoyed the music - it sounds great too - and excellent recording and pressing.

2 Likes

This morning’s finding on a bookstall… 5€ each… :grin:

8 Likes

Not sure Kev, perhaps ‘Something In The Air’ or ‘The Kit Kat Club’. ‘The 50th Birthday Show’ may be another option, although this would be good to put in the 5th box set. The ‘97 KROQ Almost Acoustic Xmas‘ + some extras would be good and fit in with the years.
If they stick to the 2 LP / 1 CD format it limits the live event unless they chop bits off. There’s plenty of good boots out for this period but one things for certain, whatever it is it’ll not please everyone!
You hoping for anything specific?

1 Like

I have the Kit Kat on boot, I would love to see a better quality version of that. Otherwise, assuming they were recorded, I would love to hear something from the US dates in the autumn of 1995 (the ones that opened with “Subterraneans”) – great selection of songs for those shows.

1 Like

Another one of Pure Pleasure’s excellent all-analogue reissues – this time of a classic 1970s album:

4 Likes

Snagged these two yesterday… not had any Erato stuff before but very nice to my ears.
I’m into Boccherini big time at the mo…

6 Likes

7 Likes

I have the Blu Ray of this, brilliant.
Tasteful player, more varied than Bonamassa, whose ealy stuff I really enjoyed.

Dusty’s follow up to In Memphis. US first press of A Brand New Me - her ‘Philly Soul’ album

The Gun Club Dance Kalinda Boom. Live and kicking!

The Bob - my adventures in Dylan mono continue. First UK pressing.

4 Likes

If you have some photos like that the The Vintage Planes etc thread would be a great place for scooters as well

1 Like

Loved the series and love the music. When TV was good

2 Likes

Zola Jesus (signed, marbled), Jonathan Hultén, Laura Marling (white)

3 Likes