What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Lydia Lunch & Cypress Grove / Spiritual Front
Twin Horses, in a tasteful deep blue vinyl.
Side one Lydia. Side 2 SF (who I don’t know). I prefer Side one.

Nicely atmospheric Gothic Americana. I’ll play David Ackles next!

PS Eagles fans should check out her cover of Hotel California on this album.

1 Like

Just to add a further point if I may, the record isnt out yet and I doubt you will have heard it, so you cant really give a view on it being a “proper new roots LP”.

Absolutely don’t agree over moderation apparently I’m dominating the thread because I’m buying too much vinyl what a joke so it’s now the

What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought As Long As It’s Not Too Many, Not From Amazon and Not Pre Order Thread

Any other rules Richard just so I know not to upset the Apple cart so far we have

Not on Pre Order
Not from Amazon
Not too many from one person
Not unless you describe how the vinyl sounds
Not unless it’s physically in your hands.

2 Likes

I have heard/streamed some of their material thanks to previous conversations with @BlueCanary but until now no physical purchases, I think a lot of their music have been digital only releases. I shall definitely be checking the vinyl of Liminal Space.

1 Like

Your being disingenuous here Bob, the issue as you your very well aware is your dominating the thread with endless advertising for pre orders mostly from one particular company that you may or may not actually be buying.
It really is starting to become more like the bobthebuilder pre order thread.

I think a sperate thread as Richard suggests is welcome and gets my vote.

Sorry, Bob I’m not sure what “moderation” you’re referring to here.

And as for the rest, I haven’t said any such thing.

All I’ve done is proposed a solution to a possible issue raised by some posters on this thread. That’s part of what a moderator does…

1 Like

Two new jazzers:

8 Likes

Two fine Jazzers they are too. Now you know you want that gatefold Coltrane/Ellington dont you…:japanese_ogre::joy:

So we can now post first on the ‘What releases are you looking forward to’ thread, then later the ‘Vinyl releases on pre-order’ thread and once it arrives, on the ‘What was the last vinyl you bought’ thread. How exciting!

3 Likes

Whatever you like Clive.

I had my tongue firmly in my cheek when I wrote this post. Too bad there isn’t an emoji for it.

I remember when the ‘What are you listening to in’ thread only had members posting the music you were listening too. I remember when the ‘System Pictures’ thread only had pictures of peoples of systems with descriptions of what was in the photo.

Over the past few years both those threads have gone off course with lots of discussions and comments. They could use a little ‘moderation’ if enforcement of ‘Title Threads’ are going to be enforced. I believe Bob is well in the thread guidelines, more so then what goes on in other threads on the forum.

…my two cents… and do not expect any change.

Life is Grand and the Music is Sweet…

2 Likes

Lol…I may have to, if can’t find my old copy. Looked all over for the damn thing. Hiding somewhere…

I’m beginning to wonder if I’ve got two Duke albums mixed up: DE Meets Coleman Hawkins (single sleeve, original EMI mono) and DE/Coltrane… I’ll only know when I find the latter.

DEmCH is a bloody fine album too, btw.

I’m not taking any issue here with what Bob posts in this thread. I’m certainly not enforcing any special thread “rules” or anything like that. However, it does seem to have been an issue for some others, hence why I suggested a way to help and I even went and opened a new thread. Just trying to keep everybody happy here.

4 Likes

Lucky you, mine is turning up on Monday, is it good?

Not had the opportunity yet!

Probably Monday before I’ll get the chance anyway…

Same here ive been freaking out for weeks trying to find my lost copy of Ian Carr Belladonna :grin:

Local record shop had a sale on today - picked up several LPs this afternoon:

‘Steve McQueen’ - Prefab Sprout
'OK Computer (OKNOTOK) - Radiohead
‘Everybody Knows This is Nowhere’ - Neil Young with Crazy Horse

3 Likes

It’s a thankless task @Richard.Dane and an impossible one at that.
Speaking as someone who has previously left the forum because I got fed up of some members feeling it was okay to belittle the opinions of others. I feel the forum is all the better for your input.

6 Likes