500 system right channel not working

I haven’t said a word against anyone.

Not sure that’s true. He misunderstood the usage of NA009 transistors in the new series throughout and was quite happy to be corrected and was quite polite about it when he was. I saw nothing untoward with his questions, just that certain people raced to the Naim defence with shock horror someone is Naim bashing here……

2 Likes

You should go and read what he wrote again. It was insulting and inappropriate.

7 Likes

To the following sentences.

1 Reply

You are kind Sir :grin:

1 Like

Yes but he was a great deal more polite when he was shown the error in his reasoning. Or maybe I am missing something. Would not be the first time

Maybe we should get back on topic and see about those reed relays

2 Likes

Re my ND555 which is now on its way to Focal Naim for repair, quick question:
I have a friend who can lend me an NDS. I still have my 555dr power supply.
If I hook up NDS, willi be able to get all the Naim Radio stations using my Naim App?
David

1 Like

He did say sorry and that’s what matters. It distincts the boys from the man.

1 Like

I do not know if it is wise to make a comment here or not. I called NAIM out on an issue that will lead to a change in their advertising. Has anyone else had such an effect on the marketing department in any company to cause this change?

Is it better to say nothing and be one of the sheep on the way to the slaughterhouse (Just pay your money and move on)? Or say hang on, there is something not right here. Yes, I did see red and stood on my self-righteous soap box and have been corrected and have apologized.

Though I would refer the readers of this post back to paragraph one, second sentence.

I have been nearly killed on the job four times by my colleagues and safety is one particular hot issue for me and so are truth, justice, and communication. Hospitalized three times, the fourth time in a psych ward for five weeks. Ten months later the whole department from top to bottom was terminated. Everybody paid out and I received a settlement because I took the devil by the horns and made change happen. It put my family through hell as I was only receiving 40% of my base wage according to the legal system at the time and possibly still the same today. It was a six-and-a-half-year fight where I won the battle and possibly lost the war. I now see everything in a different light and hold up a red flag when I see the requirement. I do not like deceit and misinterpreted the advertising to be so.

The advertising has now been seen to have holes in it and will be changed.

I am not one to be found as part of the mob. Effectively retired at age 50. I cannot work again and have received a “Serious Injury” certificate from the courts in my state, which my employer’s solicitors had to file and send me.

Before you reply with any intention of an attack. Please remember you are dealing with someone with severe mental health issues than possibly there are diagnoses for. The list is long and I may have exaggerated it, though I can not add to my list as it is extensive. I have a psychiatrist (Professor) and Ph.D. Psychologist. If I lash out in anger, it is a failing which I will have to work, on more self-control, a fruit of the Spirit.

I enjoy good music which is an important part of my relaxation and therapy, riding my Harley, riding with my military mates, and by myself. My wife would wish I would disappear into the sunset for five months to give her a rest as she is now my carer and I am heavy work. It is what it is as the saying goes these days.

Where I see an injustice or perceive it in this case I make a stand. I should have approached it differently in hindsight and thought about it for 24 hours or more. Though as I said I saw red and stood up on my self-righteous soapbox and shouted out to the forum, something is wrong here and not merely follow the Forum mantra is NAIM is Good. Though NAIM is Good, even with my moderate system.

Do not reply to this post today, leave it until tomorrow. Try to be polite and have empathy for my situation, which is different from sympathy.

Warm regards,

Mitch.

2 Likes

I agree, but the bad was already done……

You will get much the same iRadio on the older NDS. There is no native support for lossless FLAC radio though, so you will not see the HiDef section in the app.

1 Like

Virtual hug mate. I see a honest man and appreciate you. All the best with your life (and Nait xs)

1 Like

We all do bad what matters is how we deal with it.

4 Likes

I agree. That things happen to all us. But it was however shocking on the moment. We all make errors.

3 Likes

I think it will work. That’s a Tyler question. But one thing it will do is make 100% sure the problem is with the 555. If I had an NDS to hook up when my right channel went down we would have discovered it was the 552 and not the 555. I would hook up the nds for that reason alone.

2 Likes

Respect and take care Mitch.

2 Likes

In a situation like this, having multiple sources is a great help. Even a temporary one will help - like say a mobile phone or an MP3 player. You just need an appropriate (cheap) lead… :thinking:

1 Like

Update: got friend’s NDS hooked up. Both channels work!
So problem was malfunctioning ND555. Good news😏 as I had already shipped the streamer for repair.
NDS ok but since I use QOBUZ I was looking forward to some hi def radio.
Problem is I cannot seem to find hidef stations. For example Radio Paradise only in lower def.
Also the Naim app settings is so limited- not even a way to shut off NDS! Have to push “stop “ on screen on the streamer. Don’t see ways to check firmware status or firmware updates.
Don’t see a way to shut off screen while streaming. Also, can’t save to favorites amongst stations that I like. And yes favorites is enabled.
What am I missing?
Still fortunate to have a source while my ND555 is away.
David

2 Likes

You’re missing your ND555! The things you can’t see are amongst the key differences between the old and new streamers.

You can still check firmware version in the app or on the front panel display. It should be on 4.8, but to update it you need to hook it up to a computer.

1 Like

Changing settings for shutting off the screen is done with the remote on the NDS.

1 Like

still it already has 5 radio stations saved to favorites.
I cannot seem to save other stations to favorites. Strange
David