Firmware update v. 3.7.0

:+1::+1:

1 Like

Not sure what Tidal Connect offers over using the naim app. I just don’t understand anything beyond ‘press play’ and as a Qobuz subscriber I’m not sure I’ll update this time round.

My ND555 is sounding so sweet I’m loth to risk it.

G

2 Likes

I recall the last update left my ND5XS2 sounding really off, lost all its oomph and guts. Someone suggested a total power down, not reset, overnight.
Following morning powered up and left on for an hour or so, back to where it was before, sounding great.
Same as a Lilliputian hospital…little patience is needed.

1 Like

As most often you listen with different ears when you do updates/changes. Let go of the analytical part of the brain and it will sound the same I’m sure :sunglasses:

The features of the Tidal app that are not available in the Naim app. The option to use the Tidal app for those who prefer it.

I just don’t understand anything beyond ‘press play’

Then you don’t need it. (Some people need to find something to play before pressing play :slight_smile: and the Tidal app has nice features for this kind of thing if one likes these things)

as a Qobuz subscriber I’m not sure I’ll update this time round.

It doesn’t hurt and there are many nice bug fixes, but if everything is fine right now, why not, your system …

2 Likes

Though there is a lot more in the release than just TIDAL Connect: many improvements and fixes, too. See the full release notes at the end of Richard’s post here:

Does anyone know how to get the Naim widget onto the home screen in iOS15? It might be me, but I can’t get to drag over from the side panel, is this a limitation of the Naim app in 3.7.0?

Are Qobuz Favourites and Playlists stored on the ND streamer?

And are they also stored on Qobuz?

So if they get deleted from my ND5XS2 when I factory reset it, can I download them somehow from Qobuz?

Update OK! And delighted this afternoon in solitude and tranquility listening to it; possibly it is the tranquility of being able to enjoy music for a while that I had not had for a long time, but to me it sounds like glory, an absolutely accomplished sound that I thank Naim.

I am so comfortable today that I’ll share some photos, in the Systempics thread…

2 Likes

Are you talking App or widget ? if its the App just hold your finger on it and it will give you the option to add to Home Screen .
As for a Naim widget ,well there’s no such thing on my iPhone .

1 Like

Widget, it’s on my iPhone and iPad.

Mmm strange as there is no option of a Naim widget on my iPhone or iPad !!

Ignore that , ive just found it on my iPad !!

1 Like

:+1:

Ok so try as I might , I find it impossible to add it to the Home Screen too

After a seamless firmware update Chromecast built-in has now started working again. I am very pleased to be able to instantly cast to my Star once again.

I expect I would have eventually raised my issue on the forum as it has been a problem for quite some time. However, and I say this only half-facetiously, I was concerned that my network would have been blamed!!!

Very happy that the dev team have finally sorted things in respect of Chromecast. There’s no denying that I would have bought the Naim anyway as it makes listening to music such a pleasure but our household is heavily invested in Google/Nest so the Chromecast built-in sealed the deal.

2 Likes

I think the Naim app widget still uses an earlier (“original”) version of widgets; they still show in the left side bar only, and only in a separate list of “legacy” widgets.
I assume, Naim would have to lift the widget to a newer (iOS14+?) API, to use the new / more flexible placement features.

1 Like

Unfortunately, IOS 14+ widgets are effectively read-only entities which cannot contain functionality such as transport controls. At best, they can launch the app.

1 Like

Yes! Chromecast finally gets updated!
I hope this will improve the latency when starting cast connection!!

Gee. Updated the Nova. All is well…(dang! Did an update with no panic!) and just heard a vocal layer in “Breath” (Dark Side…) I’ve never before heard. On Airplay.