Naim announcement tonight?

Mine too. It’s one of the few places where I feel I can really get involved in the music without annoying those members of the family who are busy trying to do other things. As Richard has said they’ve been involved in car hi-fi for over 12 years now - yet are completely ignoring what I think would be an incredibly lucrative market in aftersales car hi-fi upgrades. This forum is full of tweakers who’d probably jump at the chance to play with DSP, Focal speaker kits and Naim amplification to enhance the manufacturers head units. Or maybe that’s just me and you…

1 Like

true. so they might get 150 new customers. Will that pay for the research and development costs? Make a splash in the hifi market? I doubt it, TGH.

Big “if”, I suspect.

But this provides the maximum disappointment for the maximum number of people.

who knows as Richard Dane states, some of the R&D may indeed trickle down to the existing line of HI-fi products… Maybe we see a N-sub again in the future…

even portable Naim products… Now that could be something.

I remember Statement was also met with some disappointment, but the DR amps did benefit from statement technology

or you could buy a Jaguar…which comes with a sound system from Boothroyd Stuart (aka Meridian).

Nice cars, nice sounds.

and BS will get their name into a lot more Jaguars - which are probably affordable to several on this forum, than Naim will into 150 Baristas and a few dozen Bentleys.

i believe it’s called a Vanity Project, a bit like Boris’s Bridge :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve been watching this thread with interest, and appreciate the hunger for more information. So, firstly, thank you to those of you who recognise the importance of partnerships such as Bentley and now, Pininfarina. It was, for example, the Bentley relationship that was pivotal in the development of our DSP expertise that was then implemented into our Mu-so designs, and working with Pininfarina will add to this R&D journey.

I wanted to put some minds at ease, and reassure many on here that we are absolutely not sitting back during lockdown, but working very hard on a lot of new developments, at every level of our line-up. Fear not, our heart firmly remains with our core Classic audience and echoes the views of many of you here.

Already this year our software team have already delivered the Qobuz update across the full range of our latest streaming products, and are working away on many other fixes and improvements – of which we’ll have more news very shortly (any of you on the Beta programme will already know more).

And as for the rest of the Naim portfolio… despite the temptation, I’m not going to be drawn on exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but as I’ve said before, we’re listening, and we’re busy, perhaps more so than ever before. I’ve been asked for example about the 272 on many occasions, and while not confirming anything, at times like these I always remember the phrase ‘the best things in life take time, but are always worth the wait’ :wink:

31 Likes

I’m pretty happy with the JBL system in my Toyota Aureion.

But Switzerland has a very close relationship with the EU, unlike post-Brexit Britain, it would appear.
Anyway, enough of the B-word… we will be told off.

This may have been true in the past, but this is 2020, and marketing has to adapt.
It may be the right message for you - as for me, it definitely puts me off.

2 Likes

Miniaturised Muso Qb twin pack, giving full four channel pseudo surround sound.*

*Including G-Force compensation technology, maintaining image stability during hard cornering.

13 Likes

I am not mean hearted by nature, but there is always a first time, “Has anyone done the tumble weed thing yet?”

1 Like

@charlie.henderson you need to address the streaming question. You are falling too far behind. Telling us that you are busy just doesn’t cut it. Sorry.

But then I’d have to drive a jaguar!

I have to agree here. My reaction was along the lines of reinforcing a sense of a solid mid range Naim system moving beyond an attainable level. It also coincided with a third increase in Naim pricing in NZ in the last 18 months, which adds to a sense of drifting away from sensible affordability for Joe Blog.

1 Like

Into each day, a little rain must fall… :laughing:

You would think on a Naim forum there would be more than the two of us. :frowning:

Meanwhile I have spent approx 4500, on each car. Not a lot in Naim terms, but I’d spend more if it had the Naim sound and brand.

For both me and SWMBO, during our working lives and screaming kids, we listened to more music “on the road” than in the house.

Sorry to say but it seems to me Naim is more and more portraying an attitude like ““Lets forget those people who can”“t even afford a Statement or a Bentley””.

And me

Er… Sorry, no.

It wasn’t that long ago that there were posts here lamenting that Naim seemed to have forgotten it’s high end customers, what with the launch of so many relatively accessible and affordable products; Uniti family, the new NAITs, the new Mu-Sos…

I guess it’s true that Naim can’t satisfy everybody all the time.

13 Likes