New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

Hi,

Presets with the warning icon next to them are old VTuner presets. Browse/Search the new directory, play and resave the presets and all will be good again.

As the two systems are very different and we don’t want to infringe any VTuner IP, it needs to be a manual process.

Best

Steve

Thank you

Thank you

Hi @Stevesky,

I may be going mad, but when I added the new radio streams to my ND555, I could have sworn that all the FIP stations showed track/artist info; I even remember going to tell my wife this was the case!

However, the metadata now seems to have disappeared.

Was it ever there, or have I just imagined the whole thing?

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

Hi @IanF

i think Radio France had an issue this morning based on looking at logs for FIP. It seems to be all over the place.

Seems to be stable now. Not our side - a backend issue somewhere between Radio France and XPeri.

Can you try again.

Best

Steve

2 Likes

BTW - just saw a post from Naim about the new internet radio service on Instagram.

Links to this page, including (minimal) release notes:

(You could argue about the part on “seamlessly update your favorite stations and presets”.)

I’m always listening to Pure Classix Rock, which is now probably Pure Classix. But now I miss all the metadata.

+1 on this. I listen to The Music Machine 1 and The Music Machine 2. I used to get both the band and track name; but now I only see the track name. Also, I have noticed that c.50% of the time the size of the font on my NDX2 screen changes to a very small font that is hard to read, whereas the rest of the time it is large and fills the space. The meta data in the app is much improved I should add but does only seem to give me the track name and not the band info or sometimes nothing at all.

1 Like

Thanks Steve,

I updated our Qb this morning and FIP kept stopping, which ties in with your observations. I powered the Qb down and all has been well since, at least in terms of stream stability, though based on what you have said, this might be coincidence.

The lack of metadata is still an issue though, on both the Qb and the ND555; all I see now is the station name and bitrate.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi @What_Are_You_To_Me

On The Music Machine 1/2v it should be getting extended meta for both:

If its not working as shown above, can you post some screenshots.

Best

Steve

Hi, thanks for the reply. So this is a shot of my NDX2 for the last track they played, which was Sweet Dreams by the Eurythmics. It was not showing up in the app and then appeared in the last 10-20 seconds of the track. And it is still showing that whilst Oasis are playing now.

Both have now updated but only the track is shown on the NDX2:

ps. it is not a huge deal as I am happy with the service, but I thought worth sharing :+1:

Hi @pkoot

We have two streams for this station:

The MP3 320K one has metadata from the station.
The FLAC (lossless one) does not.

From the screenshot posted you’re on the lossless feed.

As this comes from the station we can’t do much about this.

Best

Steve

@Stevesky

Obviously I am not hammering the new Naim radio service hard enough on either my NSC 222 or Atom HE, as, having reset my, admittedly not substantial, presets list I found no difficulty if finding my original choices together with a few new ones and have enjoyed listening to them thereafter without issue……

Given the historic grief with Vtuner I confess to being delighted.

For my listening environments, I also find the new firmware much to my taste, and obviously appreciate the delivery of Tidal Max hires.

ATB, J

1 Like

Hi @Camphuw I have always used a Windows 7 machine, which is my ‘personal’ laptop, i.e. not related to work or work tasks.

Happy to help any Naim user out, in the Dublin region with the upgrade once available.

1 Like

Can this new internet radio service be enabled on a NDX please?

If so - what is the procedure?
If not - why not?:slightly_frowning_face:

TIA

Not yet, but it should be coming.

1 Like

Please read above posts. It’s pretty clear. Update app and updates firmware ndx and go with the flow
I have ndx2. No guidance needed

Will Uniti Star now display track information when playing BBC Radio 3?

Hi @JBinOV

On the front panel, no. On the app yes.

Example:

Best

Steve