New Naim Internet Radio - feedback & requests

It’s an awesome update thanks! Besides the Internet radio, my streams from Qobuz in general just sound fantastic.

1 Like

Hi Steve, many thanks for the info and the update, which looks very good.I have a quick question about user-added stations. I have a Jazz Groove subscription and therefore have 5 additional high-resolution stations that I use very often and that incur a fee. I added these manually in Naim app as presets via VTuner using the instructions on the Jazz Groove website. Are these already included in the update or should I wait to install update 3.10.0?

Hi I have also ND5XS 2. I see the update under Settings on the top right…

1 Like

Just unplugged system for 10 mins and then rebooted and the display now works perfectly for the radio too. Fab

Just updated latest firmware on my NDX2. Fantastic work on internet radio, thanks and congrats to all. Great to have much improved metadata, station links etc.

1 Like

Hi @Wilfried

If the ability to use the premium jazz account is vital, then suggest best not to upgrade at this moment in time. As mentioned earlier in this thread the products are enabled, but support in iOS/Android is not completed yet and planned for mid November release.

Best

Steve

I never got Jazz Groove FLAC paid subscription to work on my Vtuner NDS. Works in Roon though. Maybe it’s NDS being old but I use Roon anyway so not a major issue for me.

Hi @Stevesky
Great update all went without a hitch on ND5XS2 and liking the new layout of radio stations.

Any chance of adding Rewind Radio (Cornwall) as a station http://s4.radio.co:80/s2eaa194f6/low
works fine as an added station in vTuner.

Thanks
Graham

Hi @GrahamK

We have that one already. Here is it’s entry on the server:

Best

Steve

4 Likes

Hi Steve thanks very much for your fast response. That is very helpful for me and other Jazz Groove premium plus users here in the forum. I will wait until mid of november. At the moment, all works fine via Naim App so there is no rush for me. Nice weekend

Hi @Blackbird Jazz groove premium plus works well on my ND5XS2. If you are interested you find further informations about Jazz Groove in the thread (Best internet radio anyone: click here): (Click here) (and here).

1 Like

Perfect. Finally somaFM groove salad “HD” . Love it. My favorite since 2004 and blasting through my NDX2 as we “speak”. Thanks Naim! ( and all tips above).

2 Likes

On my Atom HE, I’ve noticed that the displayed metadata varies both between radios stations, perhaps to be expected, and from time (track) to time (track) on particular stations, eg Classic FM.

Is this the expected behaviour?

Other than that, new version is spot on, sounds really good! SQ if anything better than before, of course might just be wishful thinking/King’s New Clothes :grin:.

Well done the dev team.

ATB, J

1 Like

I like the Diagnostics added to the Naim Configuration web page you can access when you load the IP address of your Naim device, eg http://192.168.0.27/. Here’s a pic of the system stats.

4 Likes

Curious if you will keep the Linderman when Tidal Max will be enabled on your Nds.

Is that so? As I read it, it was their new radio service to be updated and supported, nothing else? I don’t believe hi-res is possible with NDS/272. Platform is too old.

1 Like

The NDS and the other green screen streamers will not get Tidal Max.

I’m looking forward to this, for one simple reason. The BBC HD channels are geo-limited to 128kbps outside of the UK, and I had an old preset of a link that played at 320kbps that I stupidly removed before double checking :frowning:

Unless I’m being incredibly dumb or something can be done by Naim :star_struck:

yes, I’m told they will be getting the Naim Radio service though, but no eta as yet.

Maybe it’s a typo error. Of course I believe you , but:

1 Like