What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

I’m sure you’ll love it when it arrives. I bought the VEGA G2.2 a little while back and I’ve been really impressed with it. Lovely build quality.

If you don’t have a remote want a very compact, well made option I can recommend the Apple TV Gen2 remote. It’s the one just before they mixed Bluetooth with infrared. Enough options to control vol, skip, rewind pause and play etc. The genuine ones can be had on the auction website for very little these days!

3 Likes

Do you use these Kondo Copper/Silver with the Gryphon?

Yes indeed. The amp seems to like Kondo cables.

1 Like

As I’m sure you will no doubt already know, Copper/Silver Litz speaker cables like the Kondo are not recommended with Naim.

I have a bit of Kondo stuff.

[quote=“Yorkshireman, post:2496, topic:27034”]
As I’m sure you will no doubt already know, Copper/Silver Litz speaker cables like the Kondo are not recommended with Naim.
[/quote]No I didn‘t know, honestly. For the time being I enjoy this combo very much. But thanks for the hint, Yorkshireman. I will do a bit of research.

1 Like

You can use other brands/makes other than Naim but there are some requirements you should follow.

A silver source cable would be OK between source and pre amp but definitely the Litz speaker cables could damage the Naim amps.

There’s plenty of threads on the subject, something to do with Naim’s Zobel network that means the speaker cable is part of the amp circuit and inductance/capacitance and length of cable.

One thread here: Do impedence requirements for speaker cables apply to all Naim amps?

Many thanks for this clarification. But if I understand you correct - and unfortunately I am no expert in electronics at all - it‘s a problem occurring when running a Naim amp. My amp is Gryphon. Only the streamer is Naim and aren‘t we talking about speaker cables which are not connected to any Naim product at all in my sytem?

2 Likes

I think you’re OK with the Gryphon (although I’d check) but I was just warning you in case you tried the Kondo on your Naim amps.

There are also these at my Naim dealer

’ 90 build series 1 in walnut but without grilles

11 Likes

I have only one Naim amp. Stands in the kitchen, a Uniti Atom, working with Inakustik air cables. Kind regards, Michael

1 Like

Happy Neil! ProAc D20Rs in mahogany finish are in place. Sounding pretty good straight out of the box. Let the warming up begin. Thanks to Andy at Winchester Hifi for the great service.

44 Likes

Oh man those look great! Congrats!

Give them about a month or so for break-in then, at least for me, they seemed to jump in SQ again 6 months later.

2 Likes

Looks great Neil, what’s the room size? I have thought about the D48R’s but wasn’t sure if I had enough room size for them.

Hi, total size is 4m x 3.5. Certainly this was as big as I could reasonably go.

Thanks. Permanent Radio Paradise for a month! :joy:

3 Likes

Nope should have it Monday

you should try a musicworks block mate, i had the same block as you…wasnt good

Deleted, please remove.

5 Likes

I have one (wireworld) and it seems fine to me, it does no harm as far as I can tell

Nice one, the vivaldi gear is certainly very special.
I have a vitus sia030 integrated amp driving titan 808’s.
But i would just have some mono amp’s if i didn’t have a turntable as going direct is certainly a great way to do it with dCS. Plus you can spend the pre-amp money on better amp’s or a holiday.

Any enjoy the vivaldi as i know you will.

2 Likes