System Pics 2024

Having a break from Naim back boxes for the moment, though I still have the fraim and NACA5 so hoping I’m still welcome…

33 Likes

Yeah I’ve only got three powerline lites and no armies with pitchforks yet!

1 Like

How is it in comparison? Which naim system did you have?

In 30 years of being a Naim owner I think I’ve had many many different components and systems from NAC72/NAP140 to NAC52/135s and 252/300. CD players form CD3.5 to CDX2, CDX2.2 and each of the CDS models with an NDS thrown in for god measure
and a active SBLs along the way too

NAC272 with ATC SCM50A was wonderful too…

I enjoy the system build and journey as much as I enjoy the music and this time around just fancied a change with a venture into valves for the first time, its nice in a different way to Naim and although I am enjoying things I don’t think it spells the end of my Naim days

10 Likes

oh, and this system has inspired me to build a set of speakers, my first hifi diy project that I’m hoping will be up and running in a few weeks

5 Likes

Nice. Are you building a design of your own?

A few of us here have built our own speakers. In the case of @Mark63, @Mark84 and myself it’s designs by Troels Gravesen and we’ve had build threads on here:

If you’d be willing to start your own that be great.

3 Likes

If you think there’s the interest and people would like to see the build I’ll start a thread with the progress to date

7 Likes

Please do :wink: @chris5

I’d be very interested

Speaker Build-Cheeky Monkey thread just posted

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I have posted a photo of my current system :blush:

111 Likes

Birds seem unexpectedly relaxed. Are you playing “Forest sounds” soundtrack?

1 Like

A very nice system you have there. Could you tell me the distance of the speakers from the back wall. Thanks

Thanks, the speakers are. 32 cm from the rear wall.

love the n-Sats had them for years with the n-Sub beautiful sounding speakers

1 Like

Indeed. They work very well in my tiny room.

Just finished setting up my Fraim. I was skeptical about how much difference it would make to the sound but I must admit that it has blown me away

55 Likes

Looks great, is your profile out of date though? The system looks different?

2 Likes

System looks awesome!

2 Likes

Looks lovely. The Fraim can make a significant difference, and when it does, the whole system sings like never before. Happy days!

4 Likes