UnitiServe Web Interface After Adobe Flash?

With support for Adobe Flash coming to an end on all main web browsers by December this year, has there been any mention of future software developments for the UnitiServe web interface?

1 Like

Up to date, we still can use Adobe Flash but yes, will Naim have new web interface? I prefer using web to Desktop Client.

Can anyone from Naim comment on this, maybe? It would be a shame if our Unitiserves would become unusable.

Seems very unlikely.

The US won’t become unusable. The PC DTC and nserve for MAC and IOS will continue to work fine.
Best

David

Operating the US will not be a problem, I agree. But what about configuring network settings or adding/modifying network shares?

I do not suggest that the U-Serve will cease to work, but if the web interface cannot be reprogrammed in HTML5 for example, I would hope that the Desktop Client would at least be made less clunky and more comprehensive. Let us hope that another Sonos like debacle doesn’t materialise.

What has that got to do with the web interface? You do that from the desktop client, neither on mac or pc of which is Flash.

Morning Gents,

Fear not as the mighty Unitiserve and derivs will continue to work.

To access the web interface after Flash is blocked in modern browsers is:

1. Download the “Adobe Flash Projector” exe. See: https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html
  2. Launch the app and go to file->open. If your server is at IP address 192.168.0.61 then type in http://192.168.0.61/TV.swf
  3. The web UI will then show, all independent of any web browser.

Screenshot attached of the above in action.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

6 Likes

Thanks Steve,
Having filled in the details as advised, copy a shortcut to the app onto your desktop and whenever you wish to log on to the web interface, it is just a couple of clicks away - (click on the Flash icon, open File and select the retained IP details and you are straight in - brill!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.